Sibley’s Super Stars – Weekly Newsletter 8/17/2023
I was overjoyed and ecstatic to have your students in class this week! We have been busy!
- Technology Email & Passwords: I have sent an email with every student’s email & password. Please let me know if you have trouble getting them logged in. This login includes: google classroom, games for ELA, games for math, Prodigy (which is a free math game).
- Weekly Notebooks: I send home their work on Fridays. Please review it as I put notes on them and you can see what we are doing in class. Reach out if you ever have any questions.
- have been talking about how friends depend on each other and have began reading some Fiction/Fantasy books!
- finished our first unit of math and began working on unit 2. It will be about even and odd numbers, as well as working on arrays!
- learned about habitats and how animals of the same species can sound differently (ie. frogs)!
- Our spelling words:
- bag, cap, ham, bake, ate, mad, back, cape, made, rake, still, belt, into, done, your
Our annual beginning of the year PAPER DRIVE is in full effect as of yesterday. The class with the MOST points will receive a teacher reward for participating is $150.00 classroom fund. Write your teacher’s name on the paper and send it to the front office. Here is how the points work: White Ream of Paper =3 points
Couple of Important Dates
- Diamondbacks Game: The game is on August 22nd. 5th-7th grade San Tan Charter School Students will be performing the National Anthem on the field before the game. Please note that anyone interested MUST purchase via the link or QR code on the flyer: https://fevogm.com/event/santan23
- Curriculum Night: August 23rd from 4:30pm-6:30pm. More information to follow, but this is an awesome night to learn more about our math and English curriculum, the day-to-day in classes, homework questions… We recognize that many parents often bring their children to school events, and while we appreciate your enthusiasm to involve your child in their education, we kindly request that you make alternative arrangements if possible. Our goal is to ensure that the discussions and presentations during the event are focused and conducive to productive dialogue among adults. We do understand if it is not possible and we would rather have you attend with your child, than not be able to attend at all.
- Parenting The Love and Logic Way Class on August 29th at 8:45am or 6pm. You can register at www.parenting.rocks/santancharter
- 1/2 Day: August 30th with dismissal beginning at 11am
- In recognition of International Grandparents Day, we are inviting all Grandparents to attend lunch with their grandchildren campus on September 7th and 8th. Lunch is open for special guests, not just grandparents. Due to space concerns, we are asking hosting two days and we ask that you sign up based on THE STUDENT’s last name.
I am very much looking forward to another wonderful week! Do not hesitate to reach out to me with any questions that you may have!