Sibley’s Super Stars – Weekly Newsletter 8/24/2023
I was overjoyed and ecstatic to have your students in class this week! We have been busy!
- SIBLEY SUPER POINTS: Our students earned 20 points and they have voted to watch a movie! This will happen tomorrow, Friday, 8/25! They are more than welcome to bring a pillow and blanket if they would like!
- PARENT CONFERENCES: Quarter 1 parent conferences are coming up! 🙂 Please sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F4FA8AE22A5FBC07-1stquarter#
Past Newsletter Information:
- Technology Email & Passwords: I have sent an email with every student’s email & password. Please let me know if you have trouble getting them logged in. This login includes: google classroom, games for ELA, games for math, Prodigy (which is a free math game).
- Weekly Notebooks: I send home their work on Fridays. Please review it as I put notes on them and you can see what we are doing in class. Reach out if you ever have any questions.
- Field Trips: We will be going on two Field Trips this year. If you want to chaperone (OR VOLUNTEER IN THE CLASSROOM), you MUST get your fingerprint clearance card prior. They take weeks to come in, so please plan ahead.
- have continued talking about how friends depend on each other and have continued reading our Fiction/Fantasy books!
- have been learning about arrays, repeated addition, and even & odd numbers in math!
- learned about birds and got to draw our own ideas for bird feeders! We also learned about the basic needs that all animals require!
- Our spelling words:
- did, fin, pick, line, pipe, tip, mix, five, side, hike, cape, made, all, any, says
- Please join our school’s Family Engagement Committee’s (FEC) Facebook page. Here you will find school wide events that are coming up and ways to volunteer at school. https://www.facebook.com/groups/620590539585576
- If you need aftercare for our first upcoming half day on August 31st (dismissal at 11am) – sign up here. https://yqysjrrxph.formstack.com/forms/stcs_half_day_camp_2022_2023
Our annual beginning of the year PAPER DRIVE is in full effect as of yesterday. The class with the MOST points will receive a teacher reward for participating is $150.00 classroom fund. Write your teacher’s name on the paper and send it to the front office. Here is how the points work: White Ream of Paper =3 points
Couple of Important Dates
- Parenting The Love and Logic Way Class on August 29th at 8:45am or 6pm. You can register at www.parenting.rocks/santancharter
- 1/2 Day: August 30th with dismissal beginning at 11am
- In recognition of International Grandparents Day, we are inviting all Grandparents to attend lunch with their grandchildren campus on September 7th and 8th. Lunch is open for special guests, not just grandparents. Due to space concerns, we are asking hosting two days and we ask that you sign up based on THE STUDENT’s last name.
I am very much looking forward to another wonderful week! Do not hesitate to reach out to me with any questions that you may have!