Sibley’s Super Stars – Weekly Newsletter 9/7/2023
I was overjoyed and ecstatic to have your students in class this week! We have been busy!
- PARENT CONFERENCES: Quarter 1 parent conferences are coming up! 🙂 Please sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F4FA8AE22A5FBC07-1stquarter#
Past Newsletter Information:
- Technology Email & Passwords: I have sent an email with every student’s email & password. Please let me know if you have trouble getting them logged in. This login includes: google classroom, games for ELA, games for math, Prodigy (which is a free math game).
- Weekly Notebooks: I send home their work on Fridays. Please review it as I put notes on them and you can see what we are doing in class. Reach out if you ever have any questions.
- Field Trips: We will be going on two Field Trips this year. If you want to chaperone (OR VOLUNTEER IN THE CLASSROOM), you MUST get your fingerprint clearance card prior. They take weeks to come in, so please plan ahead. Our first one is planned in October.
- began learning different strategies on how to add two-digit numbers (ie. number line, vertical place-value adding & hundreds chart!
- read new stories! My favorite was the One Plastic Bag, which is a non-fiction about a woman in Gambia recycling plastic bags. Here is a link if you wanted to hear it as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JHesyiYfeE.
- discussed how all living things need energy (food) to survive.
- had our first Junior Achievement lesson by our wonderful parent volunteer. Students learned about communities, jobs, and how we all support each other.
- Our spelling words:
- box, fox, dog, lock, pot, cone, home, nose, poke, rope, side, line, have, off, took
- Picture day is September 13th. A hard copy will be going home with their stuff on Friday.
- PaperPie Learning Book Fair book fair has started this week: September 5th – 8th. Your student made wish lists. 🙂 You can also shop online. https://v9970.paperpie.com/shop
I am very much looking forward to another wonderful week! Do not hesitate to reach out to me with any questions that you may have!